Monday, January 10, 2011

127 Hours / Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 / True Grit


127 Hours - Super intense film about a mountain climber who gets his arm trapped under a boulder. It's a true story, and, I'm sure you've heard all about this movie. I really liked it. James Franco was so great in it. It was really well done seeing as a majority of the movie deals with one guy trapped in one place. It was never boring and definitely kept interest throughout. It has an image that I keep seeing whenever I think of this movie that makes me cringe. Very powerful stuff.




Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 1 - Wow! What an excellent Harry Potter movie. Could it have been any better? I really don't think so. It makes me wish they were able to re-do all the existing movies with this same director in two parts. Everything was pretty much exactly as I pictured it. They ended it at a great point in the story. The mood was perfect. The look was perfect. Finally a Harry Potter movie that was, without a doubt, spot on. Can't wait for part 2!





True Grit - Oh, Cohen Brothers, you never cease to amaze me. This film is incredible. It's Quirky. It's dark, yet, funny and endearing. A fantastic western. The acting is incredible by everyone. Of course Jeff Bridges shines. Was there ever any doubt that he would? Hailee Steinfeld was AMAZING as the 14 year old girl searching for revenge after her father was killed. A truly great performance. And, Matt Damon sheds his usual suave persona for a hilariously uber pretentious and dorky Texas Ranger. The dialogue was perfect. The cinematography was noticeably beautiful and perfect as well. All around, a great film from every angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment